First Annual Lifestyles Expo CT Sprint Triathlon at Star Hill Family Athletic Center
We are accepting teams for the Sprint Triathlon. You may enter a team of 2 or 3 people and split the events swim, bike and run. Separate prizes will be awarded for this additional fun division. You can’t skip out because you don’t like to swim! Enter a team today! The Lifestyles Expo CT Sprint Triathlon is great for beginners. Today.com recently wrote, “It’s true! Triathletes are tougher than the rest of us.” Find out if you have what it takes to be a triathlete. Don’t miss out! Register today!
- Click here to view/print our triathlon flyer
- Swim = 300 yards in our pool
Bike = 10 miles (The bike portion of the Sprint Triathlon will be held indoors at Star Hill)
Run = 5K miles (see running course)
- Swimmer will enter the pool from the eastern end and snake swim through all 6 lanes (12 lengths) and will exit from the northeastern end. Upon completion, racers will exit pool to the transition area to their designated bike and prepare for the bike. Following the completion of the bike, racers will begin the run through the Somerset (Belvedere Ridge) area. Racers will run through the designated course that finishes at Star Hill.
Day before Race Day (11/8/13)
- Race Bag – The bag will have a race map, water bottle, t-shirt, and race info. Race bags may be picked up at Star Hill from 10am until 8pm the day before the race.
Race Day (11/9/13)
- Registration area, Transition area, and pool will be open at 6:00am.
- Marking station will be open for body markings
- Race Starts at 7:30am. Individual swimmers will be started every 30 seconds with the fastest swimmers going first.
- Parking – Triathlon participants are asked to park in the Star Hill lower lot.
- Food – There will be food available at the conclusion of the race inside the dome at the Lifestyles Cafe.
- The course is not closed to traffic! Please be aware of your surroundings.
- The course will be marked for mileage, major turns/intersections, and hazard areas with cones and signs.
- Awards ceremony will occur in the dome at approximately 11:30am.
|THANK YOU TO OUR TRIATHLON SPONSORS:|